Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WMBS TALK RADIO TODY CTI AND COURSE OFFERINGS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:00 pm 

ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS?!!!!!!

HAIRDRESSERS AND CARPENTERS???

HOW ABOUT THIS

OIL AND NATURAL GAS DRILLING AND ALL ANCILLARY AND SUPPORT INDUSTRIES?

NAH YOU NEED TO KEEP ALL OF THE MOTELS FULL OF LOUISANA, OKLAHOME AND TEXAS LICENSE PLATES...EVEN OREGON PLATES!!!!

YEP YOU GUYS ARE ON IT.......MAKE SURE TO TO STOP AND PICK UP YOUR "PAYOFF" CHECKS MK AND COMPANY NICE 'SHOW"

Post subject: Re: WMBS TALK RADIO TODY CTI AND COURSE OFFERINGS
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:31 am 

Are you referring to the advertisement I heard on WMBS this morning on "Fayette's Future"? It was URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.fayettesfuture.com the one I am talking about. I guess they have plans for promoting technical education for more modern jobs around here. The problem with that is that when someone in Fayette County gets skilled in technical areas they LEAVE because there's no high paying jobs in Fayette for these skills. Trust me, I'm living that scenario. I live in Uniontown and drive 77 miles to work each day, and I am the exception that's willing to endure that long of a drive.

PS - Not sure if you saw my other post that this system is running in a backup state, check that when you get a minute:

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.uniontown.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=550

Not sure when I'll get around to restoring the old backup, if there are a lot of posts before I do I might just keep the state of the site where it is now.

Post subject: Re: WMBS TALK RADIO TODY CTI AND COURSE OFFERINGS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 pm 

It was an event about an upcoming career fair (early November) with course offering for students and adults at the former Vo-Tech, now called CTI? I questioned why course offerings didn't include oil and natural gas well drilling technology.

I agree that many of the students left this area after being retrained. The future of this country is mainly Natural resources and Infrastructure.

As for the backup, its fine, I may have only written one article . But I write what I feel strong about concerning issues of the day or issues that have captured national attention.

I have thought about delving into more local issues...

I want to thank you for providing this site and allowing freedom of expression here. This is a unique domain and others would exploit it for PERSONAL gain. You make it available for all here to express our ideas. Its the FIRST AMENDMENT as it was meant to be. Freedom of speech and assembly (virtual) Thanks again.