Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stop signs on union st
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 am 

maybe the city police are swamped with call about what girls workin at the sunoco or maybe they just have good air and heat at the station house but ive called them conscerning the stop signs on union st at least 3 dozen times and they have ignored the calls. i've watched at least 8 out of 10 cars blow threw the stop sigh at murrius and union in 10 minute every day since i've lived here daily, while school is in session and in summer break . i've children almost get hit there and i've almost gotten hit there. at night time knowone stops at the sign well maybe their busy spending the pay off there getting from the drug dealer that lives on highland ave. sad to say its going to take a fatal accident to change anything

Post subject: Re: stop signs on union st
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:34 pm 

Quote:
i've watched at least 8 out of 10 cars blow threw the stop sigh at murrius and union in 10 minute every day since i've lived here daily,

Ironically, many of Uniontown's stop signs are (in my opinion) due to Uniontown police not policing enough. I know I've said this about 20 times over the last year or two, but it fits here.

Residents complain of traffic going too fast on a stretch of road, they plop in a stop sign to slow the traffic.

The REAL and CORRECT answer is to eliminate the redundant unnecessary stop signs and CATCH THE SPEEDERS.

I can't think where your stop sign is offhand, but to be honest, if it's one of those unnecessary ones I don't blame people for blowing through it.