Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zimmerlink seeks re-election County Commissioner
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 pm 

Hello All,

I have announced my candidacy for re-election as Fayette County Commissioner. I've launched a campaign website AND a Blog.

Please log onto URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.votezimmerlink.com/ to view the website and my blog.

I am asking everyone to SHARE my campaign website with your Fayette County email friends, facebook, twitter etc.

THANK YOU.

Post subject: Re: Zimmerlink seeks re-election County Commissioner
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:53 am 

I remember I think reading that you are a Repubilcan with Libertarian leanings? Am I incorrect? How do you feel about those that are republicans with Libertarian, Constitutionalist, and Independant views?

I really hate to use labels because there are even some Democrat ideas that I support. Its just the nature of this 2 party dominant system that compells us to take a "side" to participate.

I believe primaries should be OPEN. What would your stance be on that and why?

The reason I want open primaries is that it would be harder for the "political machines" to control candidate stances or even to "heavily influence" the election outcome.

thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 am 

Yes I am a Republican. I believe the Republican Party needs to return to its founding principals which would result in having some of the Libertarian & Constitutionalist views.

Some people call chosing to be a certain party "labels" them. I dont necessarily agree with having a label as being a bad thing. We all belong to something be it political parties, organziations, religions etc and we choose to belong so how can we not be labeled.

As far as open vs. closed primaries there are pros and cons. Simply put, the con is that independents cannot vote in the primaries and the pro is it prevents the other party from changing the outcome and given the "politics" I believe that would occur.

I think candidates need to step up and not be controlled by political machines. It is up to the candidate as one cannot be controlled unless they allow it.

Please consider sharing my website with your email, facebk, twitter etc friends to help spread the word. You can also Subscribe to my Blog. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 pm 

Thank Your for your response.

I shall visit your site and strongly consider supporting your re-election bid. One more thing, please when you can stand up for the people of Fayette county. That is, please consider the postions that will allow us to have an efficient, respected and independent local government.

As one important document says, "of the people, by the people and FOR THE PEOPLE"

and I add the words "of fayette county"

Not for a "new world order"

I realize those words are controversial, especially in political processes , so no response expected.

Good Luck and Godspeed.