Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New Monongehela River Bridge
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:40 am 

As I contemplate the future of this corner of paradise, listen to the guitar work of mr. trower, and as he sings For Earth Below, I think more about his prior album Bridge of Sighs. See I sigh as I cross that new bridge from Fayette to Greene county. Progress the obummwer's lovers would say....or was that Maria"s Lovers' clap trap that was suppose to SAVE US? But I digress....

See I sigh too and hard and loud!....some of us are being drug, kicking and screaming straight to our demise. At least as a country that those of us Early Gen X and before remember. I find that late GEN X and the MILLENIAL GEN don't know don't care or do know and don't care or don't have the time to care.....ALL true I suppose.

But I am thankful for one thing that prior to age 18 I witnessed SOME of the prosperity. Middle class prosperity that was America had..only to be slapped down hard at the age in 1983...but there I go again. Boo hoo....lol Even I laugh at myself now. Cause I can't cry no more..only "S I G H" see?

I wanted for my children, so much better than I was able to have.....sadly I don't know. You all know the line "You can't get just a little bit pregnant?" well lets hope a foot in BOTH worlds can be a way to a better life?....( no I am not hopeful..)

Yet my reason for this latest "sigh" is that someone that I can't say I met but showed signs of HUGE PROMISE with the kind of "training" that would be good for the GOOD GUYS....has OR IS ABOUT TO,

SELL HIS SOUL TO THE PYRAMID.

AND IT WILL COST THEM THEIR ETERNITY.....FOREVER

EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY AND GET ALL THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING..EVERY VICE THAT YOU HEART DESIRES.. FOR THE PRICE YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT IS INCALCULABLE IN YOUR FINITE MIND!

AND ON THIS THANKSGIVING 2013 , I CAN ONLY "CROSS THAT BRIDGE", STOP TO PAUSE AND "SIGH"

FOR A ONCE MIGHTY COUNTRY, SOON TO BE REDUCED TO RUBBLE BY ITS OWN "POLICIES".

"SIGH" to take in and let out a long, loud breath in a way that shows you are grieved, disappointed.....

/////////