Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Road B'ville to Uniontown = Awesome (now open!)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 am 

I am loving the new road Brownsville to Uniontown, I'll gladly pay the $0.95 toll to be able to avoid the route 40 nightmare. Took it for the first time the other day.

It's a little odd that they'd make the toll 95 cents, making everyone deal with the nickels, but whatever. Should have just made it an even buck.

There were a lot of accidents on route 40 with all the hills and cross traffic, seemed to also be a lot of accidents where cars drifted over the center line, I bet this new road saves a lot of lives.

Yay turnpike commission!

Post subject: Re: New Road B'ville to Uniontown = Awesome (now open!)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:36 pm 

I agree. It's alot better the taking 40 and getting stuck behind someone doing 35 mph the whole why. I ordered ezpass so I don't have to go through the toll plaza. Plus you save a penny or two when you use it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:20 pm 

jps wrote:
I agree. It's alot better the taking 40 and getting stuck behind someone doing 35 mph the whole why. I ordered ezpass so I don't have to go through the toll plaza. Plus you save a penny or two when you use it.

Actually, I was told that there's a $3 per year maintenance fee, and the toll fees were the same, and you had to pre-load it with a $35 minimum.

I will have to check into that.

Aren't you worried about BIG BROTHER tracking you?

EDIT: I found the information on EZPass and am pasting it below.

Aaaahh, the hidden fees. Check out how they are really using your initial deposit as a deposit against the transponder, and even though they don't pay interest to you on your deposit you can bet they are earning interest off of the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of dollars in deposits.

It's probably still worth it though for the motorist, that's a pain looking for change all the time.

DEPOSIT AND ACCOUNT BALANCE

1. A one-time deposit of $25, plus a $3 non-refundable annual service fee, is required for each assigned E-ZPass transponder. If a form of automatic account replenishment is chosen, the deposit is waived. The deposit will be refunded to you, if you return the E-ZPass transponder in good working condition. No interest will be paid on account balances or deposits. Paper account statements are available for a monthly fee.

2. A fee equal to the toll charged by the PTC or other E-ZPass Agencies will be deducted from your account balance each time the E-ZPass transponder is read at a toll plaza. In the event that the E-ZPass transponder is not read successfully, you are responsible for payment of the toll.

3. Your account balance must be replenished pursuant to one of the following procedures (as selected in your application):

a.) Automatic account replenishment by Credit Card or ACH. Whenever an account balance reaches a cumulative value of $10 or less per E-ZPass transponder ($10 x # of transponders), your Credit Card or bank account will be automatically charged a minimum of $35 per E-ZPass transponder to replenish your account. If your account requires more than the allowed replenishments in a one-month cycle (2 times for credit cards and 3 times for ACH) the amount of replenishment must be increased based on average usage. If it is not increased, the account may be subject to additional fees and violations.

b.) Manual account replenishments by Cash, Check or Credit Card. Whenever an account balance reaches a cumulative value of $15 or less per E-ZPass transponder ($15 x # of transponders), you must make a replenishment payment of at least $35 per E-ZPass transponder by one of the following means:

1.) Mailing a check to the PTC E-ZPass Customer Service Center.

2.) Visiting the PTC E-ZPass Customer Service Center to pay by cash or check.

3.) Authorizing an individual payment by Credit Card.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:40 pm 

DITTO!!! I LOVE the new road! Saves me a lot of time and I don't have to deal with the traffice of Rt. 40. That was getting old really fast!!!! I think it's a lot safer, too, than Rt. 40. I have to agree the toll is not good dealing with the change (or try putting a dollar bill in there and the darn thing actually accepting it!). I got the E-Z pass, which has made my life a LOT easier. Love the new road!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 am 

Haven't been on it yet. Guess I'm old school or more likely just cheap. Wife though says it does come in handy during snow since PennDot pretty much ignores Route 40 anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:35 am 

I told my wife to use it every single time no matter what, just for the safety reasons.

I use to drive old Rt. 40 every day and I've had more close calls on that road than any other I can think of.

I consider it insurance, that new road is infinitely safer.