Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The mall just lost it's movie theater...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:16 pm 

That means Uniontown and the proximity has no movie theater except for the drive-ins which are seasonal. I fear for what comes next. I myself am a member of Gen Z but yet I seriously have come to loathe where the internet has gone in recent years. There's no where to be social and our generation barely has a community. Back when forums and the like were around things were good but eventually the internet took over any sort of social communities we had were mostly replaced and now that censorship and cancel culture has taken over Facebook and the like, there's no where really left, because we never rebuilt or cared about maintaining a physical community. I fear for what will happen when the Baby Boomers are gone. Will anything even be left after then? Any buisnesses? Any parks? The library?

Post subject: Re: The mall just lost it's movie theater...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 pm 

Even the library has and is being QUIETLY censored of literary works that "some groups" don't agree with. Been going on for over a decade .
Since the advent of Binge watching right after torrents of entire seasons of shows like 24, the Sopranos etc would keep folks from going "out" on the weekends to being holed up the entire weekend with an ENTIRE SEASON of their fav TV show. That was like w0w.. No One saw at the time how detrimental it would be to the social activities like going to the mall or the movies..

Even as a 1st year GEN X'er we still had church on Sunday and sometimes Wednesday but even as a kid TV church was starting to keep some home and the "Pa Blue Laws" were repealed for Sunday Shopping.

I have observed that GEN Z , the zoomers, or whatever they will ultimately be called are starting to do just what your post says QUESTIONING JUST WTH is happening to the SOCIAL, THE PHYSICAL SOCIAL GATHERING PLACES that humans have NEEDED since Adam and Eve.

I have found the most promise in the young folks from this part of the world that work hard and play hard.

I encourage you to bring more of your GEN Z to these forums here locally and then in turn arrange LOCAL meeting places to enjoy.

Prepping seems popular with those of us that remember the power outages of the late 1970's and how we all survived those events.

Sometimes I feel like the old guy in the an OLD movie from 1975 called Logan's Run here in these forums. It would be nice to have young folks around.

Take Care!