Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest Votes Made by the Fayette Co Commissioners
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:54 am 

To learn about the latest votes made by your Commissioners read Zimmerlink's Blog by logging on URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//blog.votezimmerlink.com/

For those who dont want to go to that site here it is:

County leases Amphitheater to RMZ Holdings, Inc, Fred & Rhonda Zeigler Unanimous VoteSome thought I was against this because of the manner in which it was reported by the media and/or false statements made by others. Setting the record straight... I said because it is county-owned i.e. YOU own it the commissioners should not simply entertain the offer of the Zeiglers. Some said I was only doing that because Zeiglers gave campaign contributions to the Commissioner Candidates. But you should know better because my vote came before the Commissioner Candidates accepted Zeigler's money. I wanted to entertain other proposals. Two commissioners did not. I was out-voted. The next step then was for me as Commissioner to make certain the County got the best lease possible. Vicites/Zapotosky were prepared to vote on the lease as written. This "No" Commissioner wanted to RESERVE the oil, gas etc mineral rights. We RESERVED those rights in the final lease.

LERTA's to Wharton Township & Connellsville 2-1 vote
My position has been consistent. I do not support these selective tax breaks for businesses because (1) when one does not pay taxes others pick up the slack (2) homeowners do not get tax breaks when renovating their properties (3) US & PA Constitutions require fair taxation. And yes, now that this was passed the Zeiglers will not be taxed for improvements made to the amphitheatre property for 5 years. Also, yes, those downtown Uniontown empty stores owned by Hardy were given tax breaks as well.

Delores & Barbara Butcho hired by Vicites 2-1 vote to Ratify a decision made by 2 commissioners only days before the public meeting At an hourly rate of $11.85 per hour.... you can come to your own conclusion on this.

Felice Associates contract extended through March 31 Vote 2-1
Yes the $120,000 per year HR contract based out of Westmoreland Co got an extension with Vicites/Zapotosky using the reasoning Felice is negotiating a union contract. Well that CYS union contract expires 12/31/11 so why the need to extend another 3 months? And again, no my reason for Not supporting this has nothing to do with the fact that Felice gave campaign contributions to the Commissioner Candidates. Since 2004, I never supported giving Felice Associates $120,000 per year.