Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Dems REALLY think about us
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:58 am 

I couldn't stop laughing -- URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.hulu.com/watch/40827/saturda ... hite-house. Although this SNL segment is a skit, it’s probably more accurate then anyone might think. What planet is Murtha from??? What I can’t figure, is how the people of Johnston are zombie slaves and vote for him. I understand that he throws around the money there by he has never helped the area grow economically. His cronies get the big cut and everyone there is “WOWED” by his rhetoric.

Post subject: Re: What Dems REALLY think about us
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:54 pm 

pauls wrote:
I couldn't stop laughing -- URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.hulu.com/watch/40827/saturda ... hite-house. Although this SNL segment is a skit, it’s probably more accurate then anyone might think. What planet is Murtha from??? What I can’t figure, is how the people of Johnston are zombie slaves and vote for him. I understand that he throws around the money there by he has never helped the area grow economically. His cronies get the big cut and everyone there is “WOWED” by his rhetoric.

Isn't that the case for all politicians? Funny skit.

Byrd does the same thing for West Virginia. Throws around a ton of money, gets his name on everything, but I'm not convinced it's doing anything but burning our tax money. Talk about a racist: he is an admitted high ranking former member of the KKK!!! Google that one if you don't believe me.

For what it's worth, my last employer (in Wheeling) had a building on their campus named after him (Robert C. Byrd building) and my wife's employer (also in WV) has a building with his name on it as well. I see crap with his name all over the place in WV.

This seems so self serving. It's like a certain Airport in Connellsville that was renamed recently. Wow did that one piss me off.

Post subject: Re: What Dems REALLY think about us
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:43 am 

There is bad on both sides. A far far extremeist on either side will be in the wrong most of the time. The extremeists always go way too far for "the cause" at any cost. Thats when the cause is then harming our country.