Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All copier county contracts should have a chance to bid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 am 

Commissioner Zapotosky at the onset of last week's Commissioners Meeting made a Motion to give Ford Business Machines the county's copier contract. The item was not on the agenda. Do you find it interesting that I was only informed of this at the onset of this meeting yet 2 representatives of Ford Business Machines along with several of their employees were present at this 10 am meeting?

It is not only the responsibility of the Commissioners to seek out and award county contracts using taxpayer dollars to the lowest responsible bidder it is also County Code.

One local company should not be pre-selected over other local companies. Everyone should have an opportunity to bid.

Post subject: Re: All copier county contracts should have a chance to bid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 pm 

Yes, that does indeed sound fishy.

I've seen a lot of "fishy" things from the commissioners over the years, even back to the Sean Cavanaugh days, nothing ever seems to be done about it sadly.

I think the general population at large doesn't care or just doesn't pay attention.

Post subject: Re: All copier county contracts should have a chance to bid
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:43 am 

Hmmm a break from National/World politics and back home (All politics is LOCAL) ..anyway

First, is this a policy of the county or is a law or statute of the Commonwealth? I am no lawyer, however this question appears to be germain to this situation.

Hypothetically speaking, if this is a law, and it appears it was broken, it should garner the attention of the district attorney. If its a policy then there should be a prescribed procedure to address this.

Now common sense wise? Was this an emergency condition... say such as a major snow event and private plows need hired RIGHT NOW to help clear the streets to benefit the GREATER GOOD OF THE CITIZENRY without the usual governmental red tape that slows down a time sensitive situation? I was not there so I can't say.

A system of CHECKS and BALANCES is what this country's governmental structure was founded upon. (yes, even as I write this, the so -called debt ceiling bill/law is full of anything but...read it ..its full of CONSOLIDATION OF POWER THAT IS UTTERLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL....URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//rules.house.gov/Media/file/XML_1 ... BT_016.XML) however this issue (LET'S CALL IT .....COPIERGATE..SHALL WE?) is LOCAL and as such we should be participating , as citizens, AND we should know what our LOCAL government is doing with our tax dollars.

Now for my personal blather on this....there are so many issues that we need to start thinking about as a citizen. This country is being slowly destroyed like a frog in the pot waiting for the water to boil. If you need to start somewhere just google Agenda 21 and how it has and will affect LOCAL GOVERNMENT. I think is has already started, right here in Fayette County and the principal "players", whether they were dupes or had active knowledge and were rewarded for their" hard work", are the things we need to get educated about right now, so we can stop it before it destroys what's left of our little piece of "freedom".

I don't want to hijack this thread. It is so good to see a REAL question being asked about how government is working (or not) and how we as CITIZENS can get informed and influence the overall process: for the GREATER GOOD AND BENEFIT OF THE CITIZENRY OF Fayette County , Pennsylvania.

If you are an elected or appointed leader with influence in Fayette County, Pa, may I implore you to ALWAYS make the best decisions for all of us that live here and call this home. Decisions that when you face the LORD ALMIGHTY, you know you did was what best for the citizens YOU were given the PRIVILEDGE OF SERVING!....... please think about it , I do not think you can wrong with that. take care all