Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Battle for America..
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:07 am 

begins at the local level..

stop looking at Washington D.C. look at us here in Fayette County to start our own smal factories to build things that we need and to buy the fruits of our fellow county members to keep the MONEY HERE..not going to an overseas bank account.

and when we run into the inevitable interference from the feds we vote our reps OUT OF OFFICE and demand candidates that support policies that ENCOURAGE building products and keeping the profits here.

People this thing isn't hard it just takes a little gumption and the belief that we can do it..IF WE TRY!

Now I am not naive enough to believe that the feds "buy" key political influence but that is where we need to be dilligent and work hard and not let any moles to sink us.

If what I am writing is WRONG and not good for us here in Fayette County, please explain to me why I am wrong?

Tell me why one of the largest employers here in this county still pay the same 8.00/ hour they paid 10 years ago?

tell me why a certain utility has literally desimated 50-60k jobs in favor of 8-12 per hour?

and that money was outsourced overseas?

Tell me HOW ANY OF THIS WAS GOOD FOR FAYETTE COUNTY AND ITS CITIZENS?

and those of you traitors that support these policies to save you 30-40k per year jobs ..shame on you for selling us out

If I am wrong please show me where I am wrong and please offer solution s that will make things better for us here in Fayette COunty

Post subject: Re: The Battle for America..
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:42 pm 

I think these new roads are going to help Uniontown dramatically.

Who would put in a factory in Uniontown when any trips south would need to involve route 119 or route 857??? And any trips west would require traveling route 21? Route 51 wasn't terrible for the trip north, but it certainly wasn't a highway by any means.

Now we will have a nice path to hit 70 reasonably quick for the north/east/west travel, and we need to finish that road going to 68 in WV to give us our good southern path, then we will be positioned well.

The reason that the local companies have kept the jobs minimized and the pay minimized is because THEY CAN. Let's get some competing companies here that need to contend for the talent/skillsets of people, that will draw more talent to Uniontown, and raise the average pay.

As the local people make more, they will spend more, and support the local economy.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:28 am 

I left Uniontown or area in 1978. There were some companies across from Penn State. I remember Fruehauff and Malesbury. I don't think those are spelled right, but they left because of Union organizers and workers striking for higher wages. In fact I think thats why Chrysler left.

I think USS shut down because of costly environmental regulations. Its not they weren't willing to clean up things, its because the powers to be wanted best technology available and that was to costly to put in, run, and maintain. Then again some American companies in foreign countries won't install basic environmental equipment without some regulations. I would like to see those CEO's have their names posted in a permanent hall of shame.

Then we have the mandatory workmans comp, unemployment, increasing 1/2 of SS, state and local taxes. Its so much easier to open a plant in another country.

Yes things have changed alott since I was a kid.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:06 pm 

intheusa wrote:
I left Uniontown or area in 1978. There were some companies across from Penn State. I remember Fruehauff and Malesbury. I don't think those are spelled right, but they left because of Union organizers and workers striking for higher wages. In fact I think thats why Chrysler left.

Those are before my time. I do see some company making military armor, looks like tank skeletons and bradley skeletons for the army there now across from Penn State.

Sony was another one that surprised me when they closed a while back. I don't know why Sony closed up really, I know several guys who worked there and they weren't overpaid by any means, and there was a lot of pride working at Sony. Sony seemed to do a good job picking their employees. The several guys I know who worked there were sharp conscientious workers. I would think this would have been the perfect environment for Sony.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:24 pm 

There is no incentive for anyone to manufacture in the US with union/labor demands as high as they are. This is not a partisan issue either. Check the voting records for all the trade deals and free trade with China. The author is right, you guys are on your own. Good luck.