Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attitude
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:21 am 

To bad the residents of Uniontown are not making better use of this forum. This is an ideal place to exchange ideas thoughts and promote a better Uniontown.

As a prior resident who grew up here I think it needs a community effort to improve or restore it to at least the town I once knew.

Post subject: Re: Attitude
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:14 pm 

intheusa wrote:
To bad the residents of Uniontown are not making better use of this forum. This is an ideal place to exchange ideas thoughts and promote a better Uniontown.

As a prior resident who grew up here I think it needs a community effort to improve or restore it to at least the town I once knew.

I agree. We do get a lot of visits, but users just read and don't post. I thought about an ad in the Herald Standard to maybe get things rolling. I know when I had a BBS, all it took was one or two good discussions going to get users fired up enough to express their throughts and opinions.

Not sure why it's not happening. I know people are finding me in Google and Yahoo, I see the referrals in the logs. But no posts.

Oh well, we'll keep forging along and see what happens. I have no plans to take this site down any time soon as long as it's not eating all my time, and even then I'd find someone to moderate or something.

We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:06 am 

Mark,

I know you will catch this. Here is an idea.

Print up some flyer with tear tabs and distribute with permission at the library, Penn State, mall or grocery stores if they have a pin up board. Anyway you get my point. You may need to repeat your efforts a few times.

Also you may consider opening Topic History of Uniontown and local Area, or maybe another to do with Fayette County Genealogy Anyway a topic name dealing with these subjects.

Just some thoughts to drum up some business.

Just came from FayWest and they added a forum 10/8/2007. Thought they make give you a plug but now they have a forum thats not doing very much volume. I have to say your board looks so much better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:21 pm 

I think the topic ideas are good ones except I don't know ANYTHING about those topics, not even where to really start. I will think about that though, nice idea.

As far as the making flyers and such, I was hoping that Google would do that for me, which it has to some degree. It gets people here, the problem is that nobody's participating. I get many hits a day where users found me through Google (I can tell by the "referrers" in the logs) so there are a lot of people finding me. I am thinking that might be all that the flyers do, get reading visitors only.

Thanks for the input, I didn't want to make that much effort in this to be honest, this isn't meant to be a business or anything just a message board like my old BBS used to be.

If I get desperate enough maybe I'd throw an ad in the paper or something.

Thanks again for the ideas, those forums might be a great way to get discussions started. I appreciate your ideas, as well as your participation!!!