Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Laurel Mall near the Fayette County Fairgrounds sold CHEAP.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:53 pm 

The Laurel Mall near Uniontown and Fayette Country Fairgrounds was recently sold for $500k? Sold for as much as $5.87 million in 4/2007 according to this article:

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//ip-pbx.tmcnet.com/news/2008/09/17/3655568.htm

"Gator Laurel bought the mall for $500,000 from New Plan of Laurel Mall LLC, according to Fayette County property records. Tax records indicate New Plan, a New York-based company, bought the property for $5.87 million in April 2007."

Yes, the mall was dead. Agreed. See my pictures here from my last visit to this mall:

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//uniontown.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43

But $500k? Wow, seems way too cheap. Kinda sad, they say "it'll never be a mall again". They are making a flea market out of it for now.

You'd think someone would buy it and make a large indoor restaurant/bar or some recreational something out of it for that cheap of a price. A Flea market seems too low of a target to aim for.

Post subject: Re: Laurel Mall near the Fayette County Fairgrounds sold CHEAP.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:26 pm 

500000 dollars sounds like a lot to me! Well maybe not for a mall. Lets make a skateboard park out of it!!!

Post subject: Re: Laurel Mall near the Fayette County Fairgrounds sold CHEAP.
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:55 pm 

I was in the area and stopped by the flea market at Laurel Mall today.

They put up partitions in the mall hallways and have sellers in each partition selling different stuff. The store right in the middle of the mall, I think it used to be a metzlers or something, is also filled with individual vendors also with partitions around the walls and hallways.

There were some good deals there actually, some of the vendors were selling things you'd see at yardsales or outdoor flea markets, and others were selling those super cheap new items. I didn't think I'd spend any money there but I actually bought a few things (totaling less than $5!)