Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Found you by pure luck
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:57 am 

I just happened to type www.uniontown.com in my web browser and happened to find this site by pure luck. I wonder if you should advertise somewhere like in the paper to let people know you are here. Nice web site though for our little Uniontown.

Post subject: Re: Found you by pure luck
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:22 pm 

AmySinger wrote:
I just happened to type www.uniontown.com in my web browser and happened to find this site by pure luck. I wonder if you should advertise somewhere like in the paper to let people know you are here. Nice web site though for our little Uniontown.

Welcome to the site. I may throw some advertising out there for our site some day. For now I am just going to see if after a few more months maybe word of mouth will start kicking in.

We'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:43 am 

Completely support the log in procedure. Without it you get alot of fly by trash. Besides its nice to know who you are replying to !

Still haven't fixed the column alignment with two much white space on the left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 am 

intheusa wrote:
Completely support the log in procedure. Without it you get alot of fly by trash. Besides its nice to know who you are replying to !

Still haven't fixed the column alignment with two much white space on the left.

Yea, I think I have a handle on it, just haven't had time. I think I have the logo too wide at the top. When you click it, it highlights briefly before it goes to the main page, you'll see that it has a lot of space around it. I was considering a different logo anyway since that one looks like Christmas font or something, so I was going to kill 2 birds with one stone.

As far as the login process, I get several spam attempts a week from automated bots that are failing because of the captcha at the signup screen (where it tells you to enter the letters you see). I only have this for CREATING an account, you don't need to enter those characters again once you are registered. Anyway, I am totally convinced it's stopping floods of spam here. So, the login process stays.

As far as the cropping, I will work on that as soon as I get some time. In the mean time, those of you having problem should be able to use a different style here if it's causing a problem, check other threads for details.