Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: after a drive through town midday on a Friday
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:38 pm 

One could think the economy is booming better than it has since before the "%^demic"

And it is to a point. Money coming from the printing and government taxation is creating the illusion of real wealth

Just remember all that cash is not MAKING OR BUILDING too much.

The restaurants are booming....the ones that are paying the 15 dollars + an hour lol
Imagine back in 1983 when eat n park opened here and there were HUNDREDS LINED UP TO WASH DISHES FOR

$3.35 AN HOUR minimum wage.. yep.

300 per month per child tax income back then uh NO and earned income tax "credit" uh what was that in 1983?

In 1983 gen x graduated high school and there was a major shift just like now except some say this is worse

Well as time goes on unless a country builds products people want to pay for no real wealth is created

so

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS cos history says is won't.

Post subject: Re: after a drive through town midday on a Friday
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:57 am 

MIKEFROMUNIONTOWN wrote:
Imagine back in 1983 when eat n park opened here and there were HUNDREDS LINED UP TO WASH DISHES FOR

$3.35 AN HOUR minimum wage.. yep.

I agree with your assessment. Much of this "wealth" is an illusion, maybe democrats can keep it afloat peeling money from the richest, but "free" can't last forever. You need to earn to receive IMO.

BTW I am pretty sure that line of hundreds of people to wash dishes wasn't Eat-N-Park, I think it was a little further up route 40. I was in that line LOL. I believe it was a restaurant where Sheetz is now, I want to say Elby's but not sure as that was many businesses ago.

To the topic of vaccinations: My feeling is that the political pendulum is returning back from hard left towards center somewhat, as even the most left people I talk with are unhappy with the migrants and the over-use of the masks. So far the only good answer I get when I ask anyone why a vaccinated person should wear a mask is for things like "to protect those with immunity disorders" or "to protect kids". Kids and those with the disorders are also susceptible to the flu and covid death rates are now down to about that level, lower then H1N1 for example per the CDC "deaths from all causes" charts. So the dems are basically saying we need masks always and forever at this point. Not gonna happen with me. I agree Covid WAS a bad virus and it made sense to wear masks pre-vaccine, and I did the whole sanitizer thing and took it very seriously, because at that time it absolutely was serious. It killed many hundreds of thousands of Americans. That's not a CNN number or a FOX number, that's a CDC number I derived from "deaths from all causes" statistics which, IMO, eliminates all the spin either way.
But at this point anyone who wants a vaccine has had one or can get one, and anyone who doesn't is taking a risk that they "should be free to take" in a free country. Similar to the helmet law: It doesn't hurt me if a cyclist doesn't wear a helmet. You're crazy IMO if you don't, but it's a free country and I'm not going to impose it on you. Same with the virus and vax. Get a vax, don't get a vax, I don't care, I think you're crazy if you don't, but I'm not going to impose that on you because I'm immune. However, I shouldn't have to wear a mask any more because I did get the vax. Those with immunity disorders, protect yourself, it's not my job or responsibility at this point. just like it's not my job or responsibility to protect you from crashing without a helmet or from the flu, which this Covid now resembles.