Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have thought about my previous posts and.......
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:37 pm 

have been making observations along with reading and thinking.

I would love to see our country great again. I would love to see an economic recovery that would include good jobs for all who want one and a better life.

Unfortuately, all one has to do is walk through Pechin's or Wal-Mart like I did casualy today after work, and my instincts told me no its not possible.

The generational welfare mentality, combined with the dumbing down process, of the mass of first of the month shoppers left me dismayed.

What have we done to ourselves and what has been done to us?

Even in discussions I have had the past few weeks with my fellow Early Gen X'ers left me feeling that the mess that we are living in is beyond repair. One well educated man I spoke with candidly stated that he is "riding it in". Meaning its all over.

I almost can believe him however there are a small contingent of the have's who know what is coming and will take care of their own, and there is a small contingent like myself who have a good idea of what is coming and are fighting just to survive and hold onto what we have worked so hard for. and everybody else is in for a rude awakening.

Study Hurricane Katrina and the reactions of those average people from there. Will you a superdome participant, one with your guns, mre's and presonal security or will you fly the coup to your second top secret safehouse?

No here in fayette co we may actually do better than the rest with this Marcelus Shale. We are the Saudi Arabia of Natural gas. Maybe those who want a good job and life for their families can have it ?

SO let us look to the future with cautious optismism but always be wary of those that try to steal our lives from us any way they can. take care all and tell your friends of this forum. I am tired of reading my drivel all the time. someone else please give us some ideas and some hope?

Post subject: Re: I have thought about my previous posts and.......
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:39 pm 

I am sorry to say there isn't much activity here, with the exception of INTHEUSA who posted in another thread, I might be the only one who replies.

There are times when we get a ton of readers, but they usually trickle off as they are right now.

You'd think we'd get at least some drive-by's with our website being UNIONTOWN.COM but apparently not.

I at least find your posts interesting, and I like to reply because it helps me vent and it's a bit therapeutic.