Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MOre Results of our nations' trade agreements
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:52 pm 

NAFTA , GATT, WTO

How could that affect our local business?
ALOT

I am 45 nad have known a local business since I was 18. I won't mention their name but they did EXCELLANT QUALITY WORK that you always had to have done ONCE and never twice. They used AMERICAN MADE QUALITY MATERIAL and workmanship that made their products beyond great.

Now their 3 American Suppliers are OUT OF BUSINESS because they could not compete with Chinese manufacturers. Now when they are forced to buy the material from China the quality is so bad they have decided to go out of business instead of trying to survive by making inferior products and work.

People this is not a unique story. I read it daily. And it is costing millions of AMERICANS their jobs and lifestyles.
REPEAL ALL TRADE TREATIES NOW...RIGHT NOW....AND TARIFFS ACROSS THE BOARD

THEN HEY MY FELLOW AMERICANS...WE GOTSA WORK
PARENTS SEND YOUR KIDS TO ENGINEERING SCHOOL
ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, CHEMICAL.......WE NED LOTS OF THEM RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS

TEENS TAKE MATH AND SCIENCE
FRESHMEN IN COLLEGE...NOT ONE STINKIN HOMELAND SECURITY DEGREE OK?

YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS MATH AND SCIENCE SO WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN TOASTERS, STARTERS, ENGINES ETC.

NO H1B'S EITHER....UNIONTOWN, LAUREL HIGHLANDS ALBERT GALLATIN......MATH SCIENCE AP CHEMISTRY for your your students to be emphasized OK?

SCREW THOSE THAT WOULD TRY TELL US THAT 'SECURITY " IS WHERE "IT" IS AT

911 was terrible but we can no longer be so paralyzed with fear that we stop seeing the forest for the trees?

this thing has really gone downhill since China-Mart has really prospered on all that funny money from home loans used to buy 90% made in China from 1997-2007 and now look at us?!!!!!!!

Wecan do this we only n eed enough people to wake up and do what Arizona started by saying we are mad as hell and we are going to make you show your proof of citizenshiip

meaning

Obama must show a real birth certificate....hey in my latest employment endeavor, I have to have one yet TO BE PRESIDENT OFTHE UNITED STATES...his "certificate of live birth" would not be good enough for homeland security to get a clearance"

WAKE UP OK?

If you have a choice ALWAYS PAY THE FEW EXTRA BUCK AND BUY THE US MADE PRODUCTS YOU NEED...ITS A START OK?

NO NEW WORLD ORDER

NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT..NO WE ARE "ALL IN THIS THING TOGETHER CRUD OK

I AM A UNITED STATES CITIZEN.........NOT A WORLD slave.

I am just so mad. A good man that I spoke with, is giving up his family business, one that made the best of what they did here in Uniontown since 1985 HAS TO CLOSE and it is a direct result of

CHINESE SLAVE LABOR AND OUR BOUGHT AND PAID FOR CONGRESS. CLINTON WAS BOUGHT BY THE RED CHINESE ARMY AND NOW these good AMERICANS ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS

AND

i WILL BE FORCED TO BUY CHINESE CRAP BECAUSE MY TRUCK WON'T RUN WITHOUT ONE.

WE CAN DO MY FELLOW AMERCANS....ONE VOTE AT A TIME..ONE DECISON AT A TIME THAT BENEFITS OUR COUNTRY

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA....

OR just sell out take the ill gotten small change gain go home eat the gmo foods, brush your teeth with florline (flouride poison)...give your kids the thimersol( mercury in the shots for you babies and wonder why they are autistic......) and on and on

don't try the baby boom generation 1945-1964 mostly the free love hippies are running the corporations now and have SOLD US ALL DOWN THE RIVER..........

I WANT TO SAY ON BEHALF ON GENX....GEN Y AND NEWER.....THEY LEFT US A BIG STEAMING PILE OF IT

AND FOR THE LIVES OF OUR CHILDERN WE HAVE TO TRY AND FIX THIS MESS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

AND IT STARTS WITH REALIZATION OF THE PROBLEMS

MOST OF THE INFORMATION AT INFOWARS.COM IS A WAY TO BEGIN TO AWAKEN FROM YOUR NWO INDUCED COMA.

TAKE CARE ALL.....YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF YOU JUST WAKE UP AND WAKE UP ONE OTHER PERSON TO WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING

CAUSE

ALOT OF YOU OUT THERE KNOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG...SOMETHING REALLY WRONG

can you see?

Post subject: Re: MOre Results of our nations' trade agreements
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am 

Something's happened to quality for consumable items, I agree with you on that. But, the cost has gone down so much on most of this stuff it doesn't really matter in a lot of cases.

Shirts are so cheap now, I can buy cheap ones at 1/4th the cost that might only last 1/2 as long and be ahead. Just buy another one.

Why have shoes repaired at a local downtown shop when they cost $10 a pair to replace?

The reduction of quality was driven solely by the reduction of price. That explains walmart in 12 words.

People still want quality in some instances though, and are willing to pay for it. Cars have not dropped in quality for the sake of cost (for the most part). Cars are more reliable now than they were in the 70's, 80's, or even 90's. I have three cars older cars (more than 12 years old each), two of which are well over 100k miles and all are still very good reliable comfortable cars. And, people are willing to pay easily 6 months income for a car, often more.

I have to admit that I like the cheap prices on the consumable stuff though.