Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Uniontown is full of Cro-Magnon Cave people
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:27 pm 

The residents of Uniontown are doomed, ignorant, uneducated, and lost in time. You are living in a town thats falling down around you and are sitting Idle.

Into todays era of the internet thats capable of ralling the forces in days there is no effort to do anything.

Such a pity, I'm glad I left this community years ago !

And by the way the Red Raiders are has beens ! A era gone by ?

Post subject: Re: Uniontown is full of Cro-Magnon Cave people
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:06 am 

I was right Uniontown is full of has been's. Soft welfare reciptents that collect body fat while waiting for their welfare check.

No men or women in this town, just drug users and absent mothers and fathers!

Nothing like the men and women before them that made it through worse times with alot less !

In fact I don't think most Uniontown residents can read this even with a dictionary !

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:41 am 

I see a lot of good and bad in Uniontown. I just moved back and have been working 2 jobs until the old house sells, so I haven't had a lot of time to interact with the community much lately.

The one thing I did notice on the bad side is there are a lot of shallow short-sighted people here. They all overextend themselves to have pretty and expensive cars, although they live in a shack and have no retirement.

I've always been amazed by the even bigger idiots who have a stereo and rims that cost more than the actual car did. That is the ultimate in short sightedness.

What saddens me is what the end result will be, I will be paying to feed these people.

There is some good here though. There is no hustle and bustle, for the most part people are not in a rush. There are plenty of Uniontownians who are smart and work hard and are able to not only survive but flourish in this depressed community.

It's sad that many skillsets (including my own) will never be usable in this town. As a network engineer, I realize that I will probably be commuting out of Fayette County for the rest of my professional career.

No comment on Red Raiders BTW, I graduated from Laurel Highlands, Mustangs!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:12 pm 

Just trying to light a fire under the a**s of uniontown residents. Your forum provides a great means of communication to remove replace corruption with those who will promote whats best for Uniontown.

I'm older than you and left the area in 1978. I rememebr your mayor Fike when he owned or rented the Village Barn (night life) in Hopwood. Lets say he is not the best choice for whats good for Uniontown.

You are splitting hairs between Laurel Highlands and Uniontown, as the total community is less than 30,000 people. As a communtiy you are one of the same and its no different than two high schools in the same district. I propbably went to school with a few of your teachers.

You want an example of waste what about the multistory parking garage in town where there is ample parking. Wasn't long ago I remember drinking a few wine coolers with Ron Machesky your not so long ago police chief. Ron had a good heart as in nice when we parted company.

Enough said, I just wanted to explain my sharp criticism of the living dead in Uniontown.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:26 pm 

Yea, I've thrown up a few posts that I thought might get some discussion going too but none of the visitors seem to stick around.

I get a lot of visits from referrers of wikipedia, the good folks there have my site in the external links section of their Uniontown PA page. My site tells me where people were referred from, there are many from wikipedia.

It's odd, there are a lot of visits to this site, just no real posts.

Thanks for the attempt to get some discussion going!!!

I guess Facebook and other larger social networking sites are the way of the future.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:29 pm 

intheusa wrote:
Wasn't long ago I remember drinking a few wine coolers with Ron Machesky your not so long ago police chief. Ron had a good heart as in nice when we parted company.

I think he might have been police chief when I first started driving and "cruising the center" (the Uniontown Shopping Center). I do remember a cop named Earl Wright. I've always said about 40% of cops only became cops because they are power hungry unbalanced people. Earl Wright was certainly NOT in that group. He was the most decent fair nice person, and I've had several run-ins with him in my day back in the 80's.

It'd be cool to run into him again in a bar or something, I'd like to shake his hand.