It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Last election
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm 

Let the record reflect that I tried.

You get what you give

and when you give a "well you know"

you get "well you know"

Of course this county has always been full of institutionized crooks but then again what is Politics? Blood Suckers look it up!

Someday..and soon...you all may wish you paid attention to the people you elected to (oppress, ahh...repress you) I am tired. Mark thank you for this forum. I know there are smart people out there they just elect not to "get involved" and that will take us all down.

take care my friend

ps the actions on Capitol Hill since 1992 and maybe earlier have brought our country to its knees. We WILL be a BANANA REPUBLIC in 2 years or less...paying "tribute" to our local "official oppressors" becasue there will be no help from the feds. We are simply broke and have been since about 92.

it..at times..has been great ride folks...but its over and that fat lady is inhaling for her first stanza.

Post subject: Re: The Last election
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:25 pm 

Uniontown is a small town and if you want better government then start earlier before elections and find out the rules. If you think switching between democrats or republicans is gone to get you better government then I can sell you some beach property in Alaska.

Start by finding a spot to hold some local meetings. This is where you have an agenda or where you can meet new hopefuls not connected to a party. You probably will get very little attendance, but thats how it starts. Then those few tell more and maybe next meeting you may get some small press. By time the next election rolls around you will have enough support to get your nominees on the ballot and people will recognize the name on the ballot by heresay, press or other sources. Remember though these should be independent candidates and the more positions they hold the better. If only one gets elected don't expect much as his/her power will be limited.

All in all these people should be expected not to be lifers. When they step down they should suggest a small list of potential hopefuls. Remember to weed out influence of the two big parties.

Most of all if any are elected they are responsible to the people. No closed door business sessions and give people a chance to voice opinions.