Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: see Gerorge Carlin's "BIG CLUB" below PENSIONS ARE NOW GONE
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 pm 

Well

Detroit ruling opens door to pension cuts across the nation

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-public-employee-pensions-20131208,0,3337836.story#ixzz2mvWeU2iQ

They will be confiscated under this FEDERAL Judge's ruling...where are our REPRESENATIVES? Where is our Executive Leadership?!

Ah that's right;

It's a BIG CLUB (small club, in reality) ("THE LODGES, are not that big are they :roll: ?) , and YOU AIN'T IN IT!!

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.uniontown.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1715

////

Post subject: Re: see Gerorge Carlin's "BIG CLUB" below PENSIONS ARE NOW GONE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 pm 

Mike its about time the public sector union retirements are put on the table. Most across the country are double what they should be. I remember the steel mills paid about 60% of your current wages after 40 years, and 50% after 30 years. I can't say what health care applied.

Today teachers receive up to 85% of current wages, and with some of these shady contracts that included overtime, which managers permitted as much as they could handle just before retirement. Read the papers, this is happening all over the country. I would bet right in Uniontown, many teachers are retiring with $50,000 + per year with full medical and dental, with little copay, and thats with 30 years of service. Do some homework and check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:49 pm 

[quote= Do some homework and check it out.[/quote]

I am not an accountant, however I have a few years of high school and college accounting so I can read a balance sheet.

And I often wonder if the "slaves" really knew how much actual money the state of Pennsylvania has in CASH and "prizes" :lol: , would they actually revolt or has the FLOURIDATION AND "PROZACS" ALONG with the "media" and "other measures" to mislead and dumb down the populace done "their job"?

Here we go THE CAFR COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT , STATE OF PENNYLVANIA ENDING JULY 2012

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=4574&&PageID=473437&mode=2

There is SO MUCH MONEY, and yet the state cries were broke...not according to this document.

I am not just going to look at teachers or old steel workers or old coal miners as you have suggested,

THAT IS JUST A CLASSIC STRAW MAN ARGUMENT.

Let's look at the COMPREHENSIVE picture.

Shall we?

Take care

Mikefromuniontown

ps this just one government sector. WHAT ABOUT THE TRILLONS IN PRIVATE BUSINESS, NATURAL RESOURCES ETC......yet we can pay people enough money to compete with China...we just need to pass a law that says we don't import anything that can be manufactured here in the states..NOT ONE THING.....there would be such a wealth transfer in the world......would not need welfare and liheap and every other L I E! make families take care of their own....

but it won't happen ....cause history has to REPEAT itself...the RICH BANKERS wanted US to be a FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS economy.....

through what is that word THE T H E L O R D OF L O R D S AND KING OF KINGS SAID N O T TO DO

CHARGE WHAT IS THAT "U" WORD?

Usury.

AND you know what? shuffling money oh I mean (zero's and ones) from one side to the other and taxing the poor 25.9 percent and so on and so forth There was a time in Pennsylvania, where the interest cap was 18%...that's is outrageous but at least we USED TO HAVE REPRESNATIVES THAT ACTUALLY DID THE RIGHT THING

FIND ME ONE OR 2 NOW.

I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH

MY ONLY SOLACE IS I WON'T BE HERE MUCH LONGER

///////

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 am 

Mike,

Here are interesting links for teacher pay state by state. Note that most teachers work less than 200 days per year, where the average worker is 250 days.

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2013/12/15/how-much-teachers-get-paid-state-by-state/?tid=pm_pop

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d13/tables/dt13_211.60.asp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Good information above, couple of comments from my view, I have no sympathy for teachers or any other job that uses strongarm methods to force wages higher than the fair market would demand otherwise.

If three gas station owners collaborate to force a neighborhood's gas prices higher than normal market prices they go to jail. Why should labor be able to place themselves in a position where they can't get fired, and then threaten to stop working until their wages are raised?

With that in mind, I don't mind of they take a hit on these dream pensions.

Reminds me of the movie "waiting for superman". Lots of scary facts in that movie.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:27 pm 

Teacher's lobby has a STRONG LOBBY, thanks to UNION DUES. ie Corporate Lobby

but you guys are sustaining the straw man argument. "look here see these bad bad teachers with all that money they get?"

it's BIGGER!!!!

Look, if you were here in 1979 when the UNIONTOWN TEACHERS STRUCK FOR LIKE FOREVER...I had A FLORIDA VACAY WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING..anyway TURNS OUT that was THE BEGINNING of the END OF THIS LIFE AS WE

KNEW IT!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

PS intheusa? are the California living son a bricklayer? then I know you if not never mind...cause your pro illuminati views will never agree with mine.