Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who do you know is educated well enough right now to do this
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 am 

I was watching the NAT GEO channel aboout some massive bridge being built in China..and I also know about the Three Gorges Dam project. Anyway

is it possible that we here in the United States even have enough talent educated here in the United States,...Native born Americans to even ENGINEER such projects? COuld we have 5 or even 10 SIMULTANEOUS projects of that scope, totally filled with TOTAL AMERCAN LABOR and engineering? How many people here from fayette couonty could ENGINEER something like that? How many LH and Uniontown High grads could have that degree in 4 years? What percentage are taking the required Math and Sciences needed to do this type of worK.. I bet not enough.. More proof that American is be destroyed by design. You can goto college for Homeland Security...learn to lor for terriost behaviors of your fellow neighbors and learn to tattle on them becasue their grass is 2 inches too high and they built a shed in the back of their own property here in fayette county without the proper $2000 permit for something that take 1/4 of that in materials.

How we all been dumbed down that much. Our current and former president have given AIG and Goldman Sachs types trillion s (not billions). And you can't get a home or car l0an unless you have a 750 or greater FICO (that is the most corrupt system and designed to screw us all for 7+years for 1 late payment I am not even going there now). After they laid off labor

Nobody should know what is going on in the United States better than we here in SouthWest Pa form 1979-1986...was a massive dress rehearsal for the destroying process of this country.

Call everyone you know and have them call every elected represenative and tell then they are OUT next election..no more chances or lies from the false left right -paradigm. Elect people who are NATIONALISTIC..one that will WHEN ABLE PAY A FEW EXTRA BUCKS FOR AN AMERICAN MADE PRODUCT...not some brain dead toothless trash running to CHina Mart to buy more trinkets and cheaply made tools that quit working 1 day after the short warranty runs out.. Just buy a drill there and use it normal. I had a Chainsaw that I boought at Sears in 1989 that finally quit and the junk I had to buy at Home Depot quit after 1 year.

I could go on and on but until we change ourselves, our behavior and our "leadership:..NOTHING WILL CHANGE EXCEPT our statndard of living will go farther and farther down the rathole

Just Tell somebaody , anybody...suprisingly tell you family last, a stranger will wake up to your warnings faster.

PS I see that a few of you that have already made your fortune think it is the good old days..I think that is what you want us to believe to protect yourselves. A good way to verify this is read what the major media outlets overseas are saying about us here. Isn't it funny how they know exactly what is going on and the average Amercian could tell you who KFED is and his weight, but not what THE FED is? (Hint: Private Banker consortium formed in the 19and teens on Christmas eve to control the money supply and pay interest on money created out of thin air and we like fools pay interest
to "the Crown" and all that are apart of that corrupt system.) Go back to sleep.

PSS Do you eveer see the movie "Sleeper" with Woody Allen mad back in the early 70's? Rent it or buy it...IT WAS WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME AND AN EARLY WARNING OF THINGS TO COME.

Post subject: Re: Who do you know is educated well enough right now to do this
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:29 am 

mcs7 wrote:
...is it possible that we here in the United States even have enough talent educated here in the United States,...Native born Americans to even ENGINEER such projects? COuld we have 5 or even 10 SIMULTANEOUS projects of that scope, totally filled with TOTAL AMERCAN LABOR and engineering? How many people here from fayette couonty could ENGINEER something like that? How many LH and Uniontown High grads could have that degree in 4 years?

I am trying to comment on this point without bashing Uniontown or Fayette County too much because that's not my intent, but I think we don't run into a lot of brilliant "professional" people in Uniontown/Fayette County for a reason. I don't think you can complain about a lack of top notch investment bankers for example in a region/culture that has no competition or reward for achieving such brilliance. However, I do find brilliant American professionals in larger cities where the atmosphere and culture breed and require those skills.

To be honest, off of the top of my head, the main money coming INTO Uniontown seems to be all direct government money. As far as I can tell, Uniontown makes very little contribution in either service or products to the world outside Fayette County. It's like the social security money and other government money comes in, then hangs in the retail cycles promoting all these restaurants and stores that have been popping up recently. I know there are exceptions like the private plant near Laurel Mall that makes those government vehicles, but those are few and far between as far as I can think. If someone can correct me here I'd like to know. But, maybe if we had some large world class architecture firm for example, we'd have some incredibly skilled architects in our region, that's the whole point I'm making.

You have me curious about that woody allen movie, I just might track that down.

As far as your other points, I tend to agree with most of it. As far as the FICO issue, I am actually a believer in having no debt anyway. I understand it's almost impossible to buy a house without a m0rtgage, but if people had no other debt at all and paid cash for their things, then any time anyone went to get a m0rtgage they'd have a good FICO.

I got into that discussion with friends some time ago and they actually completely disagreed, citing that you had to keep a balance on your credit card and pay it and make a credit history, but just last month I applied for a m0rtgage and had my credit scored. I have paid cash for my last 3 cars so I have no car l0an history, no sears cards or other store credit cards, no nothing on my credit. The only things on my credit were my m0rtgage, and the one credit card that I have never used that has a zero balance, that's it. And, my FICO was 804.

I see your point about FICO being a little unfair that if you miss 1 payment it kills your ranking, but statistically speaking, the guy who missed the one payment is more likely to have problems down the road when compared to the guy who has missed none. I can see both sides.

I tend to agree with a lot of your other points, but I don't think there's much we can do. It's a fact that the general population is stupid. They're all sheep. And, since we are going to keep doing what we're doing, we're going to keep getting what we're getting.

Last edited by thinker on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:58 pm 

Ever read the bible and treat it as a story of a time gone by. Today's problems are not much different than those mentioned 2000 years ago. we all bad mouth China products but they also produce some very good products.

It wasn't long ago Japans products were the junk sold in stores and the source of many of children's toys. Today they make the finest vehicles and electrical products in the world, yet you can still get some lemons and no one is perfect. But they learn from their mistakes and usually don't repeat it in newer models.

One must be careful as Sears only makes labels and Sears products are manufacturered by others. It could have been made in China and only assembled in USA. Example one of the popular brands of power tools Mikeda or Honda lawnmowers. The largest majority of computer components and motherboards are from Taiwan, but then they sub contract with other 3rd world countries such as China and India.

Now back to America or more local Uniontown. If the community wants change then the people must change. If you want a business or manufacturer to locate in your town then the people who work and live here need to adjust their attitude towards work. Zenith used to have a logo, "The quality goes in before the name goes on". You can't make a quality product without the proper attitude of workers and management.

In fact the lack of quality discussions on a this forum shows the lack of concern. Uniontown.com offers a great opportunity for a town such as Uniontown to organize into groups, and discuss local issues. In fact its a chance for the majority voice to drown out the select few local leaders.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:44 am 

intheusa wrote:
It wasn't long ago Japans products were the junk sold in stores and the source of many of children's toys. Today they make the finest vehicles and electrical products in the world, yet you can still get some lemons and no one is perfect. But they learn from their mistakes and usually don't repeat it in newer models.

You are right, I can remember the same talk about Japanese products being lowgrade low quality a long time ago, those views are largely gone. Japan actually carries more respect with it now.

I wonder if China is headed that way...? As their lifestyle rises then even their standards for quality rise, and the quality of products will be better. Eventually, they could be another Japan, and with their size they could own the world. They'd effectively be beating us at our own game. The US has formulated it's entire existence on greed and money and free market system, and if China starts killing us at our own game, they are so incredibly large they could easily be only world superpower.

Quote:
One must be careful as Sears only makes labels and Sears products are manufacturered by others. It could have been made in China and only assembled in USA. Example one of the popular brands of power tools Mikeda or Honda lawnmowers. The largest majority of computer components and motherboards are from Taiwan, but then they sub contract with other 3rd world countries such as China and India.

Now that you mention it, Sears is a good parallel to the US as a whole. Sears makes much of it's money re-selling China's stuff. Sears is largely dependent on China behind it to survive. They make their money on the top of someone else's product, effectively offloading all manufacturing of their stuff in China. Just like the US.