Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Door and Window Pizza and Sandwich Shops
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:43 pm 

As an Early Gen x'er telephones still had a rotary dial and some exchanges could be dialed with the last 4 or 5 numbers.

9066 Was one I would dial when my mom would have an extra $1.65.

Off to Gallatin Avenue next to Penn State Diary for one of Uniontown's Oldest Pizza Pies.

I was 5 and I would go in and the nice lady held the door open as I would carry it out to the car.

Pepperoni and Cheese. 2 slices and one the next morning for Breakfast before school.

Fast forward to 2022 from 1970, the pizza is pretty much the same and inflation has the same pie at $11.65.

So few places even exist anymore and I imagine it is hard for owners to make money on a single product due to competition/inflation.

The biggest thing is CONSISTANTCY. Understanding inflation is understandable and most want to pay for what they are used too.

In my travels of the lower 48 states ,joints that STICK WITH MAKING WHAT MADE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE will survive any economic situation. People will travel MANY MILES to get that "special something".

The door and window places deserve our business and our loyalty. And in turn should REMEMBER and care for the customers that spend their hard earned $1.65 for a slice of "pie" for over FIVE DECADES.

///////

ps I did not write this as well as I intended and would like to start a "Door and Window Pizza Shop Thread" SO many memories for GOOD PIZZA here in Uniontown and surrounding communities!