Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Email was broken.
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, by accident I discovered that this old message forum was unable to deliver many emails to many recipients recently.

Most of the world has upgraded their email encryption to newer versions of TLS, and this old server was unable to negotiate email beyond SSLv3 I think. Many of the world servers have taken a hard line and simply won't accept email unless it's secured with newest encryption protocols apparently.

This means that you may previously have had issues doing password reset or even signing up if your ISP email server required TLS and did not allow negotiation to lower encryption protocols, this appeared to be quite a few servers out there based on the logs over the months.

I have fixed this problem and now email is successfully being delivered using TLS1.2 by relaying through one of my inside email servers which can negotiate both.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]