Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fay-West and the discussion boards related to it ar for sale
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:40 am 

URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//connellsville.com/discuss/ and the associated domains are for sale and the message boards have been wiped. There was a lot of political talk on those boards regarding figures in Fayette County.

Post subject: Re: Fay-West and the discussion boards related to it ar for sale
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:05 am 

Interesting. I was on there a while back, didn't sit well with me. Back then seemed to be a lot of hate and vendettas going on and some areas seemed to have a bias. But having open-air discussion was certainly good to have.

I have no desire to invest any money into a site like this (or that). I also have no desire to MAKE any money from a site like this (or that). That's why I've never done advertising or anything. My site is like an old hobbyist BBS from the old days, sitting in the corner of my room where I can occasionally read MIKEFROMUNIONTOWN's posts mostly and occasionally delete some spam. Fun hobby. MIKEFROMUNIONTOWN has by far been the largest contributor here, I see a lot of activity from users finding and reading his posts but not many people seem to want to go to the trouble of signing up apparently.

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully someone will buy it and it'll come back online and retain some of the informational use it had.

PS - Sorry I have to do rewriting on the URLs like in your post, but the spammers gain by being able to link their sites on mine and this rewriting keeps their hit scores down hopefully deterring some of the spam I get here.