Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General board suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 am 

Mark,

On external links you should set it up to pop a new window. It can be done with shift key manually, but auto is better.

Post subject: Re: General board suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:53 am 

This is a very good suggestion! Will be implemented hopefully this weekend. Already found the patches that will do it, just need to get a good backup and will start hacking away.

Thanks for that tip, that certainly would be much nicer, I agree. Didn't notice it before.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

It's completed, from this point forward links should open in a new window.

Unfortunately, links already posted won't be impacted with this patch, so those already posted will open in same window. EDIT: I went back and edited many of my posts and links in those open in a new window.

Thanks for the tip!

Test text entry URL: URLs rewritten, remove parenthesis (http:)//www.yahoo.com

Test BBCode entry URL: http://www.yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:57 am 

The new proposed board colors are better, more cheerful, and easier to read. I was gone to say something but I figured you used these for a reason.

I'm logged in but no changes yet. But shouldn't it be the same even if not logged in !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:51 am 

Yea, the main reason I used the black/g0ld was because it made the board look totally different than the other boards out there and it's sort of a familiar color scheme for our region (eg. the Steelers) :mrgreen: Also, I thought it made the text easier to read. I've never been known for my taste however.

I have not made those color changes the default for everyone yet. In order for the colors to change for you, you have to go into your "User Control Panel" and change them under "Board Preferences" and then "my board style" and choose "Hestia Blue" and then "Submit".

If you wanted to, you could then have the board remember your login each time you visit, and that'll do two things. It will not require you to log in every time, and it also will make the board have those colors all the time for you not just after you log in.

More styles will follow as soon as I get the time to install them. To be honest, I don't spend a lot of time with this board, I am just trying to build it up little by little, and we'll see where it goes.

Once I get a few different styles installed, maybe I'll post a Poll and let the users pick the default style/colors! The default should be what most people like. Then everyone will see the new colors instead of the black and g0ld.

Also, if I see a lot of people starting to get a lot of use out of this site I will start looking into appointing moderators and such, who will be able to assist me with the daily maintenance.

Thanks for the input everyone, keep the suggestions coming! It's making this a better site for all of us.