Site Logo

Uniontown Pennsylvania Message Forums - WWW.UNIONTOWN.COM

Discussions for Fayette County PA

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: " ten years have got behind you no one told you when to.....
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:53 am 

run you missed the starting gun........"

When I looked at the dates and realized the "TIME" (Pink Floyd) lyrics were appropriate.

About that much time ago There was a band like no other and maybe never will be...and I a bitch alot about this county and other political matters however for a time,, I loved the weekends and summer holidays like no other time in my life.

Thanks to a band born and raised with members mostly from Gates, Pa. And I took a sentimental drive this summer down to Chucks Boat club and remembered one crazy weekend when in the middle of a show the power went out however within a short period of time and by the ingenuity of a few...the show must go on...and it did! :P

It was a priviledge to attend their shows and i don't think I ever missed more than what you could count on one hand for a year.

And that band my fellow citizens would be:

The River Rock Band - BEST FAYETTE COUNTY BAND EVER

Thank you guys for a lifetime of memories !

Post subject: Re: " ten years have got behind you no one told you when to.....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 pm 

I know I know not good to answer your own post forgive me OK? TO those that know who posted this and know of the best band ever....PERIOD!. I am sitting here going over some old songs that is a shame to call old. I will give you all music players a hint

IBANEZ TUNED DOWN A WHOLE OCTAVE FOR A SONG? AT THE TURN OF THE CENTURY THAT THIS POSTER STOOD NEXT TO ALL 400+ WATTS WHILE PLAYING WHILE IT WAS PLAYED AND AT TIMES danced with people that I hope did well, I miss all connected with you, I can't believe its been 10 years this coming FEB ...when it started for me.

And I want you all to also know that its not just "BEEN A WHILE" its been way too long!

It's been a really long while!

and yes

"I have gone and f%$^&D things up again"

take care and thanks for the memories

ps YOU ALL MADE UP THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE THANK YOU SO MUCH

Post subject: Re: " ten years have got behind you no one told you when to.....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:58 pm 

Why do those past years have to be the best years of your life?

Why don't you make some new memories now and make these next few years the new best of your life?

I certainly have not been in the band/bar scene for some time but there used to be some really good local bands a few years back, some still currently.

Try going to that bar out on route 51 (forget the name) where Daddy Long Leg plays, I understand that to be a really cool time. Hit their web site http://daddylongleg.homestead.com to see what bars they play. Or see some other local bands. Who knows, you might find your new favorite band...?

I graduated High School with Chris Ramage, he's played music his whole life and is quite talented.